Friday, September 25, 2009

Background

First, a little background about myself. I'm a 29-year-old Filipino male. I recently came back home from the US. And I now live with my parents in Pasig City. Part of the motivation of my coming here is that upon turning 30, I would like to explore this country that I came from. To go back to my roots, so to speak... and to know more about my home. Also, the yearning for adventure beacons. I am entering the 4th decade of my life, and I felt I haven't truly done things that I enjoy. I consider myself fairly successful in my career... But something is missing. A sense of going out there, into the wild... I would like to see things first hand--up close and personal.

Due to my long absence from the Philippines, there might be time when I'll be asking rudimentary questions such as "Is this expensive?" When someone quotes me a price, I still have yet to develop a sense of what is expensive here or not. Not that I have a lot of money! But it's just a total lack of knowledge of the local economy. In the US, I know that a $40/night motel is cheap... whereas if you want to stay nearer downtown you'll have to shell out $80 or more for a night. Things like these are what is making some of my plans move slower than I would have thought.

Hopefully, this is just in the initial phase. And that once I get a grasp of how much things are here, then it should all be smoother the next time around.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment